Ms G.E.N. (Emma) Mojet MSc
Faculty of Humanities
Capaciteitsgroep Media & Cultuur
Science Park 904 Room number: C4273B
1090 GE Amsterdam
In my PhD project, I look at interactions which took place in history (1800-2000) between different disciplines. I focus on disciplines where clear disciplinary boundaries are absent, to see what such boundaries are and how they are formed. I am currently tracing interactions which involve the discipline of general linguistics.
My research is part of the NWO funded project The Flow of Cognitive Goods .
2014-2016 Research Master (MSc) History and Philosophy of Science, Universiteit Utrecht. Master Thesis: Early Dutch Interest in Newtonian Mathematics: Adriaen Verwer (1654-1717) and Newton’s usefulness
2013-2014 Pre-master programme Mathematical Sciences, Universiteit Utrecht
2010-2013 Bachelor (BSc) Liberal Arts and Science, University College Utrecht, Universiteit Utrecht. Major in Science (mathematics, physics, chemistry) & minor in Humanities (classics, literature, history)
- Mojet, E. (2017) "Early Modern Mathematics in a Letter: Adriaen Verwer to David Gregory on Mathematics and Natural Philosophy" in: Lias, 44(2), 117-142. doi: 10.2143/LIAS.44.2.3275323
- Bod, R., van Dongen, J., ten Hagen, S. L., Karstens, B. & Mojet, G.E.N. (forthcoming) "The Flow of Cognitive Goods: Towards a Post-Disciplinary Perspective on the History of Knowledge".
- Thijssen-Schoute Thesis Award 2016. Dr. C. Louise Thijssen-Schoute Stichting. I was awarded the Thijssen-Schoute thesis prize for my thesis I wrote during HPS (UU) "Early Dutch Interest in Newtonian Mathematics: Adriaen Verwer (1654-1717) and Newton's usefulness". This biennial prize is for the best research master thesis in early modern Dutch intellectual history.
- Elsevier Weekblad/ Johan de Witt-scriptieprijs 2017. Vrienden van De Witt, Elsevier Weekblad & stichting dr Hendrik Muller's Vaderlandsch Fonds. This annual award is for the best history thesis on seventeenth century Dutch Republic.
- Mojet, E. (2017). Elsevier/Johan de Witt scriptieprijs.
- Mojet, E. (2016). Thijssen-Schoute scriptieprijs.
- Mojet, E. (participant) (28-9-2017 - 30-9-2017). Making of the Humanities VI, Oxford, United Kingdom. Panel presentation: How the Humanities and Sciences Interact: The Flow of Cognitive Goods (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).
- Mojet, E. (participant) (23-6-2017 - 24-6-2017). Zevende Tweejaarlijke Gewina-conferentie (Woudschoten VII), Zeist, Netherlands. Panel presentation: The Dynamics of Disciplines: the Flow of Cognitive Goods (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).
- No ancillary activities